Hobbywing XR8 Plus-4268-B 1900KV Combo 1/8 Offroad Buggy
Hobbywing's Xerun XR8 Plus was developed to deliver unmatched power, performance and reliability for demanding 1/8 scale racing applications. Built with high quality components and loaded with cutting edge firmware, the XR8 Plus is responsive enough to protect itself from damage due to abuse, overuse, or even human error. With it's incredible power output and adjustable parameters, the XR8 Plus will deliver the smooth throttle response and linear throttle/brake qualities that discriminating drivers demand.
- Built In High Voltage BEC: The XR8 Plus is the first 1/8 ESC that includes an integrated HV BEC with 15 Amp output current, and adjustable output voltage from 6 to 7.2V. This BEC is designed to handle power hungry servos with ease.
- Reliable Cooling System: Patented cooling technology utilizes proprietary heat conductive copper bars to rapidly and effectively transfer all internal heat from the MOSFET board to the integrated CNC machined billet aluminum heatsink housing. The cooling fan utilizes a shock proof mounting system that reduces the possibility of fan damage due to the repeated shock of landing jumps in an 1/8 scale off road environment.
- Coasting: The XR8 Plus provides exceptionally smooth off throttle coasting function (patent pending), which simulates the feeling of inertia and momentum of a large scale car driving experience. This greatly improves the performance of builds that utilize large high powered motors, as electromagnetic drag becomes a substantial factor in sudden deceleration when in the off throttle position, adversely affecting race performance and handling.
- Advanced and Secure Electronic Switch: The XR8 Plus features an electronic switch that has been rated with a lifespan of over 50,000 on/off cycles. The switch is completely waterproof, dust proof and shock resistant.
- Virtually Maintenance Free: Thanks to the well thought out design, the XR8 Plus is virtually maintenance free. Advanced error sensing and thermal protection, an exceptionally rugged housing, the ultimate in heat dissipation technology and shock proof fan mounting make this ESC able to withstand anything a racer can throw at it.
- High Performance Dynamic Timing Algorithm: The XR8 is the worlds first competition level 1/8 scale ESC that has dynamic timing technology. This expands the adjustable power output range of the ESC while still maintaining system efficiency and smoothness.
- Included Accessories: Includes 10awg wire, and mounting hardware. Does not include programming box.
- Continuous: 150A
- Peak: 950A
- Motor Type: Sensored/Sensorless Brushless Motor
- Applications: 1/8 Scale On Road/Off Road, Competition Level
- Motor Limit:
- 4S LiPo/12 Cell NiMH: 3000Kv for 4274 size or smaller motor
- 6S LiPo/18 Cell NiMH: 2400Kv for 4274 size or smaller motor
- LiPo/NiMH Cells: 2-6S LiPo, 6-18 Cell NiMH
- BEC Output: 6V/7.2V Switchable, Continuous Current of 6A (Switch Mode BEC)
- Cooling Fan: Powered by BEC Output Voltage
- Connectors: Open Post, must be soldered by the user
- Size (LxWxH): 58.7x48x36.9mm
- Weight: 127g (no wires)
- Programming Port: FAN/PRG Port
The first motor (in the world) with a built-in chip which helps ESC identify it's a HOBBYWING motor (when pairing with XERUN XR8/XR8 Plus) andform a power system which can work in the "Full-Sensored" mode and provide users with the better performance and smoother control.
Note: this motor is also applicable to other ESCs, but it cannot work in the Sensored mode at all times.
Turbo Timing Technology
When pairing this motor with HW XERUN XR8 series of ESCs, the Turbo Timing, which is widely adopted in 1/10th scale on-road racing, can be enabled and unleash the utmost power of the motor.
Bi-directional Adjustable Timing
The bi-directional adjustable mechanical timing, can meet the different power demands of various applications. (Note: bi-direction means CW/CCW)
Advanced Hall Sensing System
The first "error-free" Hall sensing system (HOBBYWING's patent) (in the RC field) adopted by this motor guarantees users the steady operation in the "Full-Sensored" mode.
A separate high-speed high precision encoder always output the clean signals (indicate the rotor's location) and not be affected by other signal interference
Low Cogging Torque
The first motor adopted the innovative 4-pole-8-magnet "staggered pole" rotor (HOBBYWING-patented design) (in the RC field) has the extremely low cogging effect and low torque pulsation (it's reduced by 85% when comparing with traditional 1/8th scale motors).
Quality Materials & Excellent Design
- CNC-machined aluminum ribbed heatsink case with the sensor port covered by silicon O-ring seal guarantees users the effective heat dissipation and dust prevention.
- 4xM3 mounting holes and 2xM4 mounting holes on the front case are applicable to various motor mounts.
- New-style U gold-plated tabs with extremely-low internal resistance allows users to solder output wires easily and firmly on.
- The use of double insulated windings (240°C R-rated), NMB bearings from Japan, and the high-intensity adhesive (340°C) guarantees users the outstanding performance and super durability.
- KV Rating - 1600
- LiPo Cells - 2-6S
- No-load Current(A) - 2.8
- Timing - 20-40 Degrees(Adjustable)
- O.D.(mm) - 42
- Length (mm) - 68
- Shaft Diameter (mm) - 5.0
- Weight (g) - 322