Stronger than ever,
The world’s performance benchmark has now been set
With eyes on the ultimate prize of its 9th IFMAR World Championship title to be contested in the USA in October 2016, Inferno developer Yuichi Kanai has evolved the Inferno MP9 through 4 years of trial and error to produce the TKI4 model. Built for faster speed than the former TKI3, the new TKI4 features revised front/rear suspension for improved cornering stability and sharp control characteristics. A newly designed body and rear wing produces superior aerodynamics for high-performance cornering and traction. Improved driving performance goes hand-in-hand with enhanced maintenance and improved durability that can be relied upon during the critical stages of the race. Chassis structure and parts come together with precision and efficiency so the TKI4 can be recommended for serious buggy racers as well as those wanting to take the challenge of driving the ultimate 1/8 GP buggy.
Includes newly designed body that perfectly balances all factors for front end turning, cornering and traction performance.
Front suspension arm is 2mm longer than the TKI3 and ribs have been added for more strength. Delivers both improved surface tracing and cornering.
Big bore shocks with φ1.5×5 hole pistons that power the chassis over surface gaps.
Front universal shafts and tie rods have also been lengthened and upgraded with reinforced tie rod ball ends.
Newly designed rear wing features 2 additional vertical fins for greater stability over jumps and removable gurney flap for increasing rear grip.
Features newly engineered wing stay with increased mounting surface area for more secure fixing to prevent damage and deformation.
Newly tooled air cleaner holder and fuel filter holder prevent rupture of fuel pipe to avoid engine trouble.
New durable tapered wheel design. Special surface on top area allows easier and stronger bonding with the tire.
Chassis layout maintains the TKI3’s front mount of the receiver battery for superior controllability.
＜ Required for operation ＞
Chassis Technical Data
|Wheelbase||325mm (4 settings with rear hub collar position changes)|
|Tread (F/R)||254mm (2 front settings, 3 rear settings with bush changes)|
|Engine||21-class engine (sold separately)|
- New Threaded Big Bore Shocks - Dial adjustable big bore shocks allow precision adjustment of front-rear and left-right suspension. (Front: Small / Rear: Medium)
- New Design MP9 Wheel - New design of the dish wheels is lightweight with optimal rigidity and supports sure traction and effective tire grip.
- New Tapered Shock Pistons - Shock pistons with tapered holes deliver optimal oil flow resistance and piston speed for superior damping effectiveness.
- Improved King Pin Design - Longer king pin and longer flanged collar improves reliability and prevents knuckle coming loose in the event of hard contact or a crash.
- Redesigned Arms – Redesigned and reinforced for extra strength around the stabilizer mounting holes on the front lower suspension arms.
- Aluminum Wing & Radio Post - Machined aluminum wing stay posts and radio plate posts deliver improved reliability through increased strength and rigidity. New Suspension Bushings - New white suspension bushings are now included providing you high visibility of your setup.
- New Aluminum Rear Hubs - New design of the aluminum rear hubs effectively realizes shorter suspension arms to deliver reactive movement for traction efficiency.
- New Body Design - new low-height body design with less front-end resistance that generates aerodynamics for a competitive edge and stable posture through the air.
- New Air Filter - This high capacity air filter allows a long and consistent air feed to your engine.
- Ultra Low C.O.G - Ultra low center of gravity, lightweight and optimal weight balance all combine to deliver the ultimate racing weapon.
- More Down Force - Bolted on large wing generates powerful down force. New ribbing at the back results in improved rigidity.
- 7075 Grade Aluminum - Hard main chassis made from 7075-grade aluminum, hard shock stay, big bore shocks and aluminum knuckle arms realize great strength, durability and rigidity.
- Hard Anodized Components - The shock stay and main chassis are hard anodized for improved resistance against dirt and damage.
- Composite Torque Rods - Resin torque rods fitted on front and rear contributes to moderate flexibility and smooth running performance.
- Endless Adjustments - Roll center can be adjusted by changing the direction of the spacer inserted into the lower arm of the rear suspension. Also, the one-piece ball and washer ball-ends are an added maintenance feature
- Upright Servo - Servo is mounted upright for easy maintenance and is dropped 2mm to contribute to the lower center of gravity. The hard chrome finish to the metal parts is more resistant to damage and dirt than anodizing.
- Extremely Light Weight - The smaller differential units on front and rear with grooved cup joints, aluminum balls and the flexing shape of resin parts effectively lightens the weight while giving the chassis rigidity, more durability and strength.
- New Fuel Tank - Newly designed fuel tank features finger hook for fast and reliable refueling and realizes stable fuel supply in even under severe posture changes.
- Wraparound Side Guards - Grooved face in side guard matches the thickness of velcro tape and prevents dirt getting inside the chassis. Complete wraparound side guards only found on Kyosho MP9.
- Equipped With Mud Guards - Mud guards on the rear arms prevent dirt entering the drive shafts and getting inside the wheels.
- We Have You Covered - 3 types of servo horns included for various R/C systems (SANWA / KO / for JR, FUTABA and Hitech)
- Hex Screws - Kit includes all hex screws enough said!
- Weight Balance - Engine position moved 15mm forwards and 5mm to the center compared to the MP777. Also the height has been lowered by 1mm for ideal weight balance.
- New Suspension Design - Newly developed suspension uses bushings for easy maintenance and rationalizes the setting order.
- Increased Diff Case Capacity - Center differential realizes improved heat dissipating brake disc and increased case capacity for stable control through to the end of the race.
- Optimal Race Settings - Fine tune for the optimal race setting with adjustments to wheelbase, tread, roll center, caster angle, toe angle and camber change.
- 3 Differentials = Real Time 4WD - Features the Inferno's signature shaft-driven 3-differential full time 4WD chassis.
All made in Japan!
Everything from the ground up is made in Japan for the highest level of quality and reliability.
Chassis Technical Data
- Length : 490mm
- Width : 307mm
- Height : 180mm
- Ground Clearance : 28mm
- Wheelbase : 325mm
- Tread (F/R) : 254mm (2 front settings, 3 rear settings with bush changes)
- Tire(F/R) : not included
- Gear Ratio : 11.7:1
- Weight : 3300g approx.
- Motor : not included
Required For Operation
- 2-channel, 2-servo R/C System for cars
- 21-class Engine
- Pipe & Header
- Engine starting tools
- Batteries for R/C system
- Tires & Inserts
- Fuel Bottle
- CA Glue