Xray T4 - 2019 Specs - 1/10 Luxury Electric TC
2019 All-new Features.
- All-new chassis to accommodate new front chassis brace
- All-new removable front chassis brace for improved steering response
- All-new XRAY’s unique BPA system – Body Position Adjustment
- All-new front adjustable body mounts with eccentric mounting for Body Position Adjustment
- All-new redesigned rear body mounts with removable graphite shims for Body Position Adjustment
- All-new front lower & upper bumper and foam bumper redesigned to use the BPA system
- All-new redesigned upper clamps feature center pins for precise & strong shock tower installation
- All-new front & rear shock towers redesigned to accommodate center mounting pins
- All-new layshaft & motor mount bulkheads redesigned to fit smaller ball-bearings to eliminate interference with the top deck and improved flex characteristics
- All-new front & rear battery backstops prevent battery movement in crashes
- All-new alu steering plate with pressed-in ball-bearings to reduce play
- All-new play-eliminating bushings for steering arms
The all-new T4’19 chassis was redesigned to accommodate a new front chassis brace. The front brace can be easily installed on the chassis to eliminate side flex at the chassis front, thus improving steering response and making the car more predictable.
The 2.2mm thick chassis is CNC-machined from premium-grade graphite material. The chassis features pre-drilled holes for optional parts such as chassis weights, graphite motor guard, graphite adjustable battery holder.
Front Chassis Brace.
The all-new chassis brace improves in-corner steering and makes the car more precise to drive. It is a great improvement especially at low- and medium-traction tracks where it significantly improves the handling of the car. Not recommended for use in high-traction conditions, as the extra steering may result in traction rolling.
With the all-new BPA (Body Position Adjustment) system, the entire bumper area was redesigned to feature all-new upper & lower composite bumpers. An all-new foam bumper was redesigned to work with the new adjustable eccentric body posts as well as with the standard centric body posts.
The newly-redesigned lower bumper has an updated shape with edges that prevent the bumper from touching the surface when the car is rolling.
Special Designed Racing Body.
XRAY has in collaboration with MonTech have prepared specially designed and prepared one of the most popular touring car body Racer. The body is factory pre-cut with the optimum and perfect cutting lines to fit the new T4’19 and maximize the benefit of the new BPA – Body Position Adjustment.
The cutting lines and the whole set-up of the body are exactly same like the XRAY factory has been using and the very same that Bruno Coelho used to win the World Championship.
All the body positions and cutting lines were specially designed, long term tested and used by Alexander Hagberg, Bruno Coelho, Martin Hudy, Jan Ratheisky and rest of the team who have fine-tuned all the 3 different body positions for all the different track conditions.
The pre-cut MonTech body is available exclusively from MonTech.
With the all-new unique BPA (Body Position Adjustment) system, the front body posts have an eccentric design that allows them to be positioned two different ways. The redesigned rear body posts feature graphite inserts to adjust their mounting positions on the rear shock tower.
Beefy 6mm thick body posts are made from special composite material that provides maximum strength but sufficient flex to reduce body post breakage in hard crashes or if the car flips over. The body supports are rounded to have a better fit and provide better support to the car body.
For ultimate tuning and adjustment, XRAY offers optional height adjustable body posts which allow independent front & rear body height adjustment by +1mm or +2mm.
Body Position Adjustment.
With the all-new innovative and unique BPA (Body Position Adjustment), you can easily adjust the body position for all different surfaces, traction conditions, and different touring classes with a single body. Body position is very important for proper set-up to get maximum performance, traction, steering, and stability from the car. With the new BPA system, there are three different body positions available, and as such there is no more need for different bodies with different mounting positions.
All-new upper clamps feature integrated centering pins to easily mount the graphite shock tower in the proper position, and more importantly these will ensure that the shock tower will not move in a crash and the shocks will remain in position.
The upper clamps have been milled to remove unnecessary material to reduce their size and weight.
Made from premium Swiss 7075 T6 aluminum, orange anodized.
ULP Shock Towers.
All-new ULP (Ultra-Low Profile) shock towers as well the SLP shock towers were redesigned to work with the new upper clamps with centering pins. The centering pins ensure perfect fitment of the shock towers in exactly the same position every time the shock towers are removed & assembled, helping to eliminate tweak or uneven spring pre-tension of the shocks.
Machined from premium-grade 3.0mm graphite, the shock towers are super lightweight and very compact.
The all-new motor mount and layshaft bulkheads were redesigned to use smaller bearings on the layshaft axle, which prevents the bearings from touching the top deck when shims are not used under the top deck. The smaller bearings result in improved flex characteristics for the car.
The all-new battery backstop prevents batteries from moving in a crash. In the front, the backstop is mounted on the servo mount; in the rear, the backstop is mounted on the layshaft bulkhead. Both backstops are adjustable depending on the position of the batteries in the car.
The rear graphite battery backstop can be replaced with an optional brass battery backstop #309855 which helps to keep the weight in the center of the car.
The all-new Swiss 7075 T6 aluminum steering plate was redesigned to significantly reduce play of the entire steering system, making the steering more responsive and precise. The bearings are now factory pressed into the steering plate which eliminates play in the assembly.
To make the T4 steering more responsive and precise, play in the entire steering system was significantly reduced using all-new bushings mounted between the bearings in the steering arm.
The dual-arm steering system is supported by six ball-bearings and runs on aluminum stands. Ackermann is easily adjusted by inserting shims between the steering plate and steering rods. The steering system has a low mounting position for the steering linkage, giving the car easier handling going into corners. More aggressive handling is easily accomplished by inserting shims between the steering blocks and steering rods.
With focus on the smallest details and craftsmanship, the T4 bulkheads were refinished with stylish chamfered edges on all Swiss 705 T6 aluminum bulkheads.
There are two types of the suspension holders, each specifically designed and chosen to provide the required characteristics – stability, traction, and flex:
• Front of the FRONT suspension – 1-piece.
• Rear of the FRONT suspension – 1-piece for stability, easy to drive in all conditions but especially under high-traction conditions. Optional 2-piece holders give increased in-corner steering, and are recommended for use on asphalt and low-traction track conditions.
• Front of the REAR suspension – 2-piece for maximum rear traction. Optional 1-piece provides increased rotation of the car in high-traction track conditions.
• Rear of the REAR suspension – 1-piece for more steering and better rotation. Recommended for high-grip conditions only, as it decreases rear traction. When using ARS™ suspension, the alu rear lower 1-piece suspension holder must be used with #302201 alu brace post for ARS™.