Xray XB8 2018 SPECS Luxury 1:8 Nitro Off-Road Buggy Kit
Based on the ultra-successful XB8 platform, XRAY proudly presents the 2017-spec XB8 which incorporates the latest improvements and refinements gathered by the team, race-proven in the highest competition races around the world.
XRAY has been a driving force in the 1/8 off-road car racing scene since the release of the first XB8. Continuous development and evolution of the XRAY product line has led to ever-increasing performance. The craftsmanship, durability, and performance of XRAY kits have become legendary. Be part of the family, live the heritage.
The XB8 is typical XRAY: premium, professional, high-competition for the most demanding racers, developed with attention to the smallest details, and backed by premium service & support… a luxury masterpiece.
Made in Europe.
Designed, developed, and fully manufactured in-house at the XRAY factory in Slovakia, Europe, using the most high-tech German & Swiss machines and premium European materials, crafted with XRAY's legendary attention to detail by our artistic production specialists. The XB8 is truly a masterpiece.
- All-new chassis with more space between front wheels and side guards, new positions for rear brace for improved chassis flex characteristics, and chamfered front edges for less dirt pick-up
- All-new chassis design is now fully compatible between XB8 & XB8E platforms
- All-new wing mount is 40% lighter with super-low CG. With considerably less weight behind the rear suspension this significantly improves handling characteristics. All-new construction allows more flex. Features new, optimized wing mounting positions
- All-new rear brace between wing mount and rear chassis brace prevents rear gearbox breakage during impacts, as well as moving the transfer of energy to a different part of the chassis
- All-new weight transfer from rear wing to the middle of the car reduces tension on the rear diff bulkhead
- All-new rear body holder
- All-new rear shock tower features two lines of shock absorber mounting positions and an updated design to allow fitment of the new wing mount and gearbox brace
- Harder rear lower arms for increased side stability and improved durability in hot conditions
- All-new stronger, reinforced steering ball joints for increased reliability
- All-new composite graphite shims between steering ball and nut ensures free operation of pivot balls even in extremely dusty conditions
- All-new improved diff O-rings for more precise differential sealing
- Softer shock membranes for improved shock performance in bumpy conditions
- Rear CVD drive shafts for increased rear traction
- 2.6mm rear sway bar for increased traction
- All-new stronger head screws for diff bulkheads for more reliability
- High-speed body for improved handling on high-speed tracks and improved rotation in tight corners
Approximate running weight:3205g
Body, Tires, Wheels & Misc
Body: XRAY XB8 High Speed ’16 body
Tires: Not included
Wheels: Not included, standard 17mm hub
Fuel tank: 123cc capacity with capacity-adjustment segments, with hypertonic tank lid and internal stone-type floating filter
Items Not Included
- Exhaust system
- Electronics (Radio, Receiver, Servos, Batteries)
- Wheel tool
- Receiver battery
- Start box
- Glow heater
- Universal tool for all nuts and turnbuckles
- Set-up book