Hobbywing BEC 8A UBEC ESC, 2-3s
The 8A-UBEC is a switch-mode DC-DC regulator works with 2S to 3S Lipo battery, and outputs a consistent safe power supply for your receiver, gyro and servos. It is very suitable for large scale RC models with many Servos like a nitro powered helicopter or air plane.
Why do you need UBEC?
The 8A-UBEC is a switching-mode DC-DC regulator supplied with a 2-3 cells lithium battery pack and outputs a consistent safe voltage for your receiver, gyro and servos. It is very suitable for nitro powered RC helicopter (above 30 class) and big fixed-wing aircraft. Compared with the linear mode UBEC, the overall efficiency of the switching-mode BEC is much higher, so it can extend the working time of the receiver battery pack, and because a switchingmode UBEC can significantly reduce the heat emission, it can avoid the loss of control caused by the over-heat problem which is frequently happened with the linear mode UBEC.
- Output Voltage: 5V or 6V (Selectable by using a jumper connector)
- Output current: Continuous 8 Amps, burst 15 Amps.
- Input: 6V-12,6V (2-3S Lipo battery)
- Size: 42mm*39mm*9mm (L*W*H)
- Weight: 36g
- Uses advanced switch mode DC-DC regulator IC.
- The output current is large enough to supply all electronic equipments in a RC model.
- Output short-circuit protection function.
- A metal shield and a filter significantly reduce the electromagnetic interference.
- Automatically detects the amount of the Lipo battery pack (2S or 3S).
- Shows the battery capacity with 4 LEDs.
- There are 2 output leads to reduce the resistance when connecting the UEBC to the receiver.
- The working status is shown by an LED, it lights when the UBEC works normally.
- The output can be turned on or turned off by a switch.
- With a step-down voltage regulator of 0.7V down as accessory.
(It changes the output from 6.0V to 5.3V for some special equipments that cannot work with 6V inputs).