Xray XB8e 2018 Luxyrous Electric 1:8 Buggy - Kit
Based on the ultra-successful XB8 platform, XRAY proudly presents the 2018-spec XB8E which incorporates the latest improvements and refinements gathered by the team, race-proven in the highest competition races around the world.
The craftsmanship, durability, and performance of XRAY kits have become legendary. Be part of the family, live the heritage.
The XB8E is typical XRAY: premium, professional, high-competition for the most demanding racers, developed with attention to the smallest details, and backed by premium service & support…a luxury masterpiece.
Made in Europe.
Designed, developed, and fully manufactured in-house at the XRAY factory in Slovakia, Europe, using the most high-tech German & Swiss machines and premium European materials, crafted with XRAY's legendary attention to detail by our artistic production specialists. The XB8E is truly a masterpiece.
- All-new chassis with more space between front wheels and side guards, new positions for rear brace for improved chassis flex characteristics, and chamfered front edges for less dirt pick-up
- All-new chassis design is now fully compatible between XB8 & XB8E platforms
- All-new wing mount is 40% lighter with super-low CG. With considerably less weight behind the rear suspension this significantly improves handling characteristics. All-new construction allows more flex. Features new, optimized wing mounting positions
- All-new rear brace between wing mount and rear chassis brace prevents rear gearbox breakage during impacts, as well as moving the transfer of energy to a different part of the chassis
- All-new weight transfer from rear wing to the middle of the car reduces tension on the rear diff bulkhead
- All-new rear body holder
- All-new rear shock tower features two lines of shock absorber mounting positions and an updated design to allow fitment of the new wing mount and gearbox brace
- Harder rear lower arms for increased side stability and improved durability in hot conditions
- All-new stronger, reinforced steering ball joints for increased reliability
- All-new composite graphite ball cup between steering ball and nut ensures free operation of pivot balls even in extremely dusty conditions
- All-new improved diff O-rings for more precise differential sealing
- Softer shock membranes for improved shock performance in bumpy conditions
- Front & rear CVD drive shafts for increased rear traction
- 2.6mm rear sway bar for increased traction
- All-new stronger head screws for diff bulkheads for more reliability
- High-speed body for improved handling on high-speed tracks and improved rotation in tight corners
With the chassis being one of the important components of the car, the all-new 2018 chassis features multiple improvements.
The rear brace mounting position on the chassis was moved rearwards to improve chassis flex and give increased traction.
The all-new chassis features chamfered front edges which prevents dirt pick-up when the chassis contacts the track. The chamfered edges will not “cut” the dirt, but rather the dirt will slide along the chamfered edges and not get stuck at the front of the chassis.
The side guards were moved 4mm rearwards to ensure that under full throttle and full steering lock the inflated tires will not contact the side guards and can operate freely.
With attention to the smallest details and a mandate to simplify servicing of the car, the all-new chassis features cross-platform compatibility to ensure you can use the same chassis either on the XB8 or XB8E.
The XB8 chassis is CNC-machined from 3mm high-quality Swiss 7075 T6 aluminum, strategically machined in low-stress areas, and then anodized to make it as light as possible without affecting strength or rigidity. Non-essential material below the engine, fuel tank, and differential was removed to allow for the lowest possible center of gravity and appropriate chassis flex.
Rear Wing Holder.
The rear wing holder is completely new and fully redesigned. It increases stability on high-speed tracks and has a super-slim, 1-piece design that has reduced weight and increased strength.
The complete wing mount is 40% lighter than the previous version, considerably reducing the weight behind the rear suspension as well significantly reducing the CG. The wing holder has been redesigned for maximum stability while still allowing flex during impacts.
Wing Holder Brace.
To help prevent rear gear box breakage during crash impacts, the rear wing construction was completely reconstructed and now features an all-new wing holder brace that transfers crash impact energy from the wing and shock tower to the chassis where it is centrally resolved.
The wing holder brace includes an integrated body post as well.
To increase the reliability and strength of the ball-joints (especially in hard crashes), the 6.8mm steering ball joint were redesigned and reinforced.
The specially-designed ball studs eliminate steering lock and allow greater steering radius. The integrated backstops ensure that the pivot balls do not disconnect in crashes.
Ackermann is easily adjusted on the machined Swiss 7075 T6 steering plate to ensure highest reliability and strength.
Chassis length: 399.5mm
Approximate running weight: 3450g
Chassis: 3 mm CNC-machined Swiss 7075 T6 hardcoated aluminum
Receiver tray: CNC-machined 2.2mm graphite
Radio case: Composite
Front upper deck: Composite
Central diff upper deck: Composite
Braces: Composite braces (front / rear)
Suspension: Pivot ball fully adjustable suspension
Rear suspension: Lower H-arm with adjustable upper camber link
Front suspension: Lower H-arm with adjustable upper camber link A-arm
Rear upright: Composite with dual arm mounting and 2 lower roll center positions and upper aluminum plate with 3 upper roll center positions
Shocks: Big-bore shocks with various shock pistons featuring Delrin pistons
Shock towers: Front & rear 4.0mm alu
Type: Full-time shaft-drive 4WD with center differential
Primary: Steel spur gear / clutchbell
Drive shafts: HUDY Spring Steel™ CVD drive shafts
Central shafts: HUDY Spring Steel™ CVD drive shafts
Differentials: Sealed, 6 gear, silicone-filled
Pinion: 14T front / rear
Crown gear: 46T front / rear
Pinion gear: not included (optional 12T~17T)
Spur gear: 46T
Primary ratio: 3.33
Final gear ratio: 11.79
Body, Tires, Wheels & Misc
Body: XRAY XB8 High Speed Body
Tires: Not included
Wheels: Not included, standard 17mm hub
Items Not Included
Electric Motor, Electronics (Radio, Receiver, Steering Servo, Battery Pack, Speed Controller), Pinion gear, Wheels, Tires, Tools, Wheel tool, Paint, Battery Charger, Bearing Oil, Threadlock, CA Glue, Universal tool for all nuts and turnbuckles, Set-up Book.