Avid 5x16x5 metallkatetega laager mootorile
The 5x16x5 Metal (625ZZ) Halo series of bearings are a high quality steel/chrome bearing with metal shields. These bearings have been tested and proven by many racers.
If your motor is not listed below, please check with your manufacturer first to see what size you require.
Motors Used In
- Tekin: T8 (All) (Takes one 5x11x5 and one 5x16x5)
- Castle: Neu-Castle (All) (Takes two 5x16x5)
- Installation: These bearings are made with a very tight tolerance so it is common for the bearing not to slip right on due to the edges on the armature being scarred from a pinion. You may have to lightly sand the armature shaft to get the edges off while adding a drop of oil on it to put the bearing all the way on.
- Tekin Shimming: Once it is time to replace your motor bearing most likely the bearing has gotten loose from the aluminum plate allowing for easy replacement. It isn't required but if you know how to shim a motor you may do so with our clutch shims because now the bearing will float a little in the plate. A quick shimming tip is to place a 5mm shim on the shaft before putting the bearing on, then secure the plate to the can with a few screws, now spin the armature so the rotor aligns itself in the can, and pull the rotor towards the bearing you just installed and you should have at least 0.5mm of play. If you have more then you may add another shim
- Lubrication: For proper lubrication, you should reoil the bearing with our bearing oil or grease every 20-30 runs to get the most life out of your Avid race bearings.
- Break In: Nothing special to break these in, just go and run!