Hobby Boss French Navy Pre-Dreadnought Battleship Condorcet 1:350
- hull split into two parts
- Contains display stand and engraved name plate
- Photo-Etched parts included
- Parts: 470
- Length: 414 mm
- Width: 74 mm
The Condorcet was a French battleship (the so-called predrednot or pre-dreadnought), the keel of which was laid in 1907, launched in April 1909, and entered service in the French Marine Nationale in July 1911. The length of the ship at the time of launching was 144.9 m, width 25.8 m, and the actual full displacement - about 19,700 tons. The ship's maximum speed was up to 19 knots. The main armament at the time of the launch was 4 305 mm guns in two twin turrets, and the secondary armament was: 12 240 mm guns, 16 75 mm guns, 10 47 mm guns and 2 450 mm torpedo tubes. . The ship was built at the Saint-Nazaire shipyard.
The Condorcet was the second of six Danton-class battleships. Units of this type were built in response to the rapid expansion of the German navy at the turn of the 19th and 20th centuries. In the course of design and construction, the experience from the Battle of Tsushima was taken into account, which resulted in, for example, extensive medium-caliber artillery and an emphasis on speed and maneuverability of units. Battleships of this type, however, were outclassed in terms of armor and main artillery by modern British and German dreadnoughts. In the period 1911-1914 Condorcet operated in the Mediterranean basin, taking part in maneuvers and sea shows. It also served in this reservoir during the First World War. He began his activities in the war with the unsuccessful interception of the German ships SMS Goebben and SMS Breslau, which later served under the Turkish flag. In the years 1914-1916 he took an active part in blocking the Austro-Hungarian fleet in the Adriatic Sea. In December 1916, he traveled to Athens, along with other units, due to political tension over Greece joining the war on the side of the Entente. Shortly thereafter, he headed for the port of Mudros, where he was stationed until October 1917. In the years 1918-1919 he represented the French flag in the port of Fiume. In the years 1923-1924 it underwent modernization, which increased primarily its resistance to a torpedo attack. Shortly after the conversion, it began to play the role of a training ship. During World War II, he continued to perform various auxiliary and school tasks. The battleship Condorcet was scrapped in 1949.