Traxxas Velineon VXL-8s ESC
When you create the world’s most powerful Ready-To-Run® vehicle, off-the-shelf components just won’t do. Traxxas engineers started from scratch to create the ultimate ESC to drive X-Maxx’s thundering Big Block motor. Heavy-duty does not begin to describe the waterproof VXL-8s electronic speed control. This is Maxx-duty!
Patented Traxxas high current connectors funnel power to the ESC through ultra-efficient Maxx Cable wiring. Huge 6.5mm gold-plated connectors deliver power straight to X-Maxx’s Big Block motor. An integrated fan cools the oversized heatsink to keep ESC temperatures down and extend run times. Bright LED status lights keep you informed with temperature and voltage warnings. Internal safety programming constantly monitors ESC performance to protect it from damage.
The VXL-8s now supports real-time telemetry capability using the optional #6511 Wireless Module (sold separately) installed in a Traxxas TQi transmitter. Use the free Traxxas Link App to download the telemetry update to the ESC. Receive speed, RPM, voltage and ESC temperature telemetry directly on your mobile device while you drive and best of all, no additional sensors are required. The Traxxas Link App makes it easy to update your VXL-8s with the newest features.
One Button EZ-Set®
Technology shouldn't be difficult to use. That's why the VXL-8s features the same one-button ease of use that comes with all Traxxas speed controls. Not all drivers are ready for X-Maxx’s ballistic 50+mph speed which is why it includes Traxxas’ patented Training Mode. Training Mode limits throttle to 50%, while keeping braking at full power for inexperienced drivers. Two-stage low-voltage protection ensures your LiPo batteries remain safe and healthy.
Velineon VXL-8s Waterproof Features
- Internal temperature sensor with integrated cooling fan and two-stage thermal shutdown protection protect the VXL-8s from overheating
- Bright multi-color LED status lights provide clear feedback
- Built-in two-stage low voltage detection for Lithium Polymer (LiPo) battery use provides a clear signal to the driver that the batteries are nearing their minimum voltage threshold
- Wide range of LiPo battery options from 3s packs up to full-power 4s LiPo packs
- The patented Training Mode™ is an exclusive Traxxas feature that reduces the overall power output of the VXL-8s by 50%, making it easier for inexperienced drivers to control their model. When you’re ready, simply change profiles to unleash full-throttle action
- The EZ-Set® push-button setup operates and programs just like other Traxxas speed controls—eliminating the need to learn a new set of procedures
- The VXL-8s is programmable with three drive profiles:
- Sport Mode – Fwd / Brake / Rev
- Race Mode – Fwd / Brake
- Training Mode** – 50% Fwd / Brake / 50% Rev
- Patented Traxxas High-Current Connectors eliminates a common bottleneck and maintain pure, unrestricted power flow from the batteries to the brushless power system
- Locked Rotor Protection™ prevents system damage by cutting power if the vehicle is stuck or the motor is bound
- Battery Over-Voltage Protection™ causes the ESC to go into failsafe mode if the maximum input voltage is exceeded
- Water resistant case design uses rubber seals and O-rings to protect against damage caused by water and moisture
- Gold plated 6.5mm bullet connectors on ultra-efficient Maxx® Cable flow full power to the motor without performance strangling resistance
|VXL-8s WATERPROOF ESC SPECIFICATIONS|