Tamiya 1:24 Lotus Europa Special
This is a welcome first re-issue in ten years for our model of the Lotus Europa Special (previously Item 24212), with a number of updates to the kit. The Europa is a lightweight masterpiece of a sports car packed with features more likely seen on a racing car in its era: a sleek, low body, midship mounted engine and FRP frame components. Europas were manufactured between 1966 and 1972, and the Special was the final version of the car. It had a "big valve" 126hp 1,558cc four cylinder engine, five-speed transmission and alloy wheels.
About the Model
• This is a 1/24 scale plastic model assembly kit. Length: 168mm, width: 73mm.
• The honed Europa design and low body are authentically captured in 1/24 scale.
• With the removal of the hood, the engine can be viewed even after completion. It features twin carburetor,
5- speed transmission, and shift linkage in the rear, plus new air funnels.
• New parts are included for a rear wing and RS Watanabe option wheels.
• Y-shaped backbone frame is molded together with rear radius arms as one piece. Front double wishbone suspension, stabilizer, rear upright, and engine are all attached onto this frame.
• The floor is directly attached to the built up frame, and the body is mounted on top.
• Features redesigned decals, plus new photo-etched parts (front grille) and seatbelt stickers.
• A new instruction manual is planned.
• A realistic cockpit sports instrument panel, high backed seats, 3-spoke steering wheel, and short gear shift.
• Lotus logo, emblems and mirror surfaces are recreated by metal transfers.