Tamiya 1:24 Mazda MX-5 RF
Tamiya is delighted to announce a new stablemate for the popular MX-5 (also known as the Miata MX-5 in the US and Roadster in Japan) model Item 24342! This kit recreates the RF model that was originally announced by Mazda in 2016: the initials stand for Retractable Fastback, as the car features a sleek fastback hard-top design with innovative retractable roof. In fact, the actual car's three-piece roof opens and closes in just thirteen seconds, and all at the push of a single button. It also features tweaks to its chassis and suspension to accommodate the heavier top section, while retaining all of Mazda’s vaunted safety features.
About the Model
• This is a 1/24 scale plastic model assembly kit. Length: 164mm, width: 80mm.
• The kit depicts the 2017 model MX-5 RF, complete with options available on top grade models in the Japan market such as Recaro seats, and BBS wheels.
• Modelers can choose to assemble the kit as Japanese, US, UK or European market spec, and have the option of depicting the hard top up or down, thanks to new roof and rear/side window parts.
• Metal-plated parts are used to depict light reflectors and other components.
• Decals are included for instrumentation and other details, as are metal transfers for emblems and side mirror surfaces.