Tamiya 1:32 North American P-51D Mustang
The P-51 Mustang is considered by many to be the best fighter aircraft of WWII. The P-51 Mustang came about when the British Purchasing Commission asked North American Aviation to produce the Curtiss P-40 for the RAF, but North American stated they could build something better. The P-51D is considered by many experts to be the definitive variant of the Mustang as it was the most widely produced. It featured a bubble canopy which gave the pilot superb all-round visibility as well as a heavier armament of six 12.7mm machine guns. Wing racks allowed the carriage of drop tanks to extend range or bombs for ground attack. P-51Ds were instrumental in helping the Allies gain air superiority over Europe, and after Germany's defeat, they continued their role as long-range escorts for B-29s attacking Japan. Many also saw service during the Korean War as fighter-bombers and a few even continued to serve with air forces of less developed nations until the 1980s.
- 1/32 scale assembly model kit of the North American P-51D Mustang
- Length: 308mm, Wingspan: 354mm
- The unmistakable form of this famous aircraft is accurately reproduced based on actual design drawings of the aircraft as well as thorough study of actual examples of the aircraft
- Comes with the necessary parts to enable depiction of early-production and late-production P-51D, including:
- 2 types of tail sections (with and without dorsal fin);
- 3 types of canopies;
- 4 types of rearview mirrors;
- 2 types of instrument panels;
- 2 types of seats;
- 2 types of engine exhausts
- Control surfaces (ailerons, flaps, elevators, and rudder) are all movable
- A set of photo-etched parts is included to depict details such as seat harnesses and the oil cooler
- Parts are included to allow depiction of landing gear in retracted or deployed positions.
Landing gear tires are made from solid rubber and feature accurate tread patterns
- Comes with a display stand to depict the aircraft in flight
- Comes with 2 pilot figures (1 seated, 1 standing) and 3 types of distinctive decal markings:
- A) 334th Fighter Squadron, 4th Fighter Group B) 487th Fighter Squadron, 352nd Fighter Group
- C) 79th Fighter Squadron, 20th Fighter Group. Additionally, 2 types of drop tanks are included
- A 16 page full-color photographic reference manual is included
- Detailed 1:32 scale model kit
- The high-quality kit from TAMIYA must be assembled by yourself.
- The independent construction is carried out using a step-by-step illustrated assembly instructions.
- Based on the assembly instructions, the individual parts must be fit together perfectly.
- Tools, glue and paints are NOT included with the Plastic kits. These must be purchased separately!