Tamiya is delighted to announce the appearance of another off-road car on our popular CC-02 chassis, this time the 1990 Land Rover Defender 90 (originally depicted in Item 58657). The Defender 90 is a legendary Land Rover off-road car, and its roots go back to 1948. Based on differences in wheelbases, this car has three types – the Defender 90/110/130. This model depicts a 3-door model with 93-inch wheelbase.
- Timeless, squared-off lines of the Defender 90 expertly depicted by a polycarbonate body.
- Separate injection molded parts in the kit include the barred front grille, which adds another layer of detail to this classic body.
- Tough polycarbonate-ABS components are used to create the outer roll bar, a big part of the model's off-road look.
- Spare tire cover depiction is also molded as a separate, and the DEFENDER logo on it is recreated using the included sticker.
- Six-spoke wheels molded in black plastic lend the model a highly realistic look, and are paired with capable block pattern tires.
- For those who want even more realism, the model headlights can be paired with separately sold LEDs to light up the Defender!
- A highly capable off-road drive awaits, with shaft-driven 4WD and front/rear 4-link rigid suspension setups on the CC-02 chassis.
- The ladder frame is modeled upon those employed by full-size cars, and offers excellent rigidity on this 1/10 scale vehicle.
- Axle housings are molded in reinforced plastic, and house 3-bevel differentials. They can be locked when running on lower-grip surfaces.
CC-02 Chassis - Off Road, Evolved
Designed for a wide range of off-road scenes including rocky terrain, the CC-02 chassis' ladder frame is inspired by full-size vehicles and is the base for its superior durability. A 4WD setup employs the motor longitudinally behind the front axle with separated gearbox and transfer case, and propeller shafts transmitting power to the differential gears front and rear. Four-link rigid suspension is employed front and rear, with CVA oil dampers for all-encompassing control, even on tricky rock sections. This model comes with black six-spoke wheels and grippy block pattern tires. In this kit, the chassis is assembled with a 242mm wheelbase.
- This is a 1/10 R/C model assembly kit with unpainted body.
- Length: 429mm, width: 200mm, height: 215mm. Wheelbase: 242mm.
- Tread: 160mm (Front), 163mm (Rear)
- Tire Width/Diameter: 33/90mm (Front & Rear)
- Ladder Frame
- Longitudinal Motor, Shaft-Driven 4WD
- 3-Bevel Differential Gears
- 4-Link Rigid Suspension (Front & Rear)
- The CC-02 chassis is designed for a wide range of off-road scenes including rocky terrain, and its ladder frame is inspired by full-size vehicles and is the base for its superior durability.
- Gear Ratio = 17.33:1 (using kit-standard 16T pinion)
- A 4WD setup employs the motor longitudinally behind the front axle with separated gearbox and transfer case, and propeller shafts transmitting power to the differential gears front and rear.
- Tamiya Type 540 motor is included.
- ESC included!
- 2-Channel radio with receiver
- Steering servo
- 7.2volt battery pack
- Compatible charger
- Paint for the body