Tamiya 1:10 RC 1991 Audi V8 Touring (TT-02) kit
Tamiya is delighted to announce the appearance of another classic racing car on our popular TT-02 chassis, this time the Audi V8 touring car with a 456hp 3.6-liter V8 which graced the DTM (Deutsche Tourenwagen Masters) in 1991. That season, it took four victories overall and carried Frank Biela to the drivers’ title.
About the Model
• This is a 1/10 R/C model assembly kit.
• The powerful, imposing body is molded accurately in lightweight and durable polycarbonate.
• Stickers are included to recreate the markings for the no.45 car driven by 1991 champion Frank Biela. Masking stickers will aid in the paint job.
• Two-piece mesh wheels (Item 50548 design) have silver color rims and gold color spokes. They are paired with racing slick tires.
• The TT-02 chassis is an adaptable and balanced design with excellent stability, plus features such as identical suspension arm and upright components for ease of assembly.
• 4-bevel differential gears and 4-wheel double wishbone suspension make for a smooth ride.
• A plethora of Hop-Up Option parts is available to tune the TT-02 chassis to your needs.
Champion of DTM in 1991
This car graced the German Touring Car Championship (DTM) in 1991, with a 456hp 3.6-liter V8 engine mounted in the front and Audi's famed quattro four-wheel drive. This model depicts the 4-door sedan body in polycarbonate with front and rear spoilers. The Audi with its imposing body overcame significant ballast handicaps and stiff competition from the likes of BMW and Mercedes-Benz to bear driver Frank Biela to four wins and a superb Driver's Championship.
TT-02: Adaptable, balanced shaft driven 4WD
The shaft-driven 4WD TT-02 chassis employs a longitudinal layout with the battery on the left and the motor on the right, to give excellent stability. In addition, it features identical left and right suspension arms and uprights for ease of assembly, plus easy-to-maintain gearboxes. It is a highly adaptable chassis, as it offers 2 different wheelbases, 2 ground clearance settings and 2 tread set-ups in addition to a range of 10 possible gear ratios. It is not short on looks either, with brake disc-shaped wheel hubs and stylish front bumper supports. Wheels use slick tires with gold spokes and silver rims.
- Length: 463mm, Width: 188mm, Height: 138mm
- Wheelbase: 257mm
- Tire Width/Diameter: 26/66mm (Front & Rear)
- Bathtub-type Frame
- Shaft-Driven 4WD
- Front/Rear 4-Bevel Resin Differentials
- 3-Piece Steering Tie-Rod
- 4-Wheel Double Wishbone Suspension
- Front/Rear Friction Dampers
- Gear Ratio = 8.27:1 (9 further ratios from 11.38:1 to 7.28:1 possible with use of separately-sold pinions)
- Type 540 Motor
- Includes ESC
- 2-Channel radio with receiver
- Steering servo
- 7.2volt battery pack
- Compatible charger
- Paint for the body