Dusty Motors Traxxas Slash 2WD HCG protective shroud cover (Black)
High Quality Protective Shroud Cover for your car.
Fits: Traxxas Slash 2WD with HCG chassis
Note Shock Covers not included
This is a high quality, hand made, dust and water splash proof shroud, designated to fit a particular model. Shroud comes with a zipper, which allows to access the internals of a model i.e. connecting/disconnecting batteries and turning a model on/off without removing a shroud. While taking a break between the running stints the shroud can be unzipped to allow ESC and motor to cool quicker. Shroud is made from the highest quality materials. That is why it is strong, durable and efficient. The open area of a material is more than 50% of total shroud surface, so it ensures a very good airflow in order to keep the model electronics cool.
Shock absorber cover is included into the package (If not mentionet otherwise). Shock absorber cover comes in one long piece, so it could be cut into lengths that particular shock absorbers require. Cover is made from elastic material in order to fit shock absorbers of different diameters. One included length of a cover will be enough for 4-8 shock absorbers, depending on a length of one.
- Shroud comes with a zipper
- Genuine adhesive VELCRO® tape included
- Shock absorber cover included
- Hand made with a very strict quality inspection
- Easy installation
- MADE IN EUROPE
– Before applying VELCRO® to the chassis, cut the tape to the necessary length and width. For example, to place VELCRO® tape on an old Slash 4×4 nerf bars, you must cut it in both directions: length and width.
– Make sure that the surface of the chassis is extremely dry and clean before applying the VELCRO® tape. Dip a napkin in pure alcohol and clean the surface of the chassis. (Use vodka if you like, but for best results, do not drink the vodka during the process).
– Let the VELCRO® tape adhere to the chassis for 24 hours before you use the shroud.
– If it’s hot outside, leave the Dusty Motors’ shroud unzipped to promote airflow and help keep the electronics cool. Even when bashing with a unzipped shroud, it will still keep out most of the dust and debris.
– When it’s hot outside – or if you have a car gearing set up that’s capable of reaching the speed of light – be smart when you bash. Don’t let the temperature of the electronics get too hot. Take breaks between rides. Unzip the shroud and let the model cool to a normal temperature.
– When bashing in winter, don’t bring your model into a warm room without removing ice and snow from the shroud. Otherwise, the snow will melt and water may penetrate the shroud and get into your model electronics.
– Do not drive under water. It is a CAR, not a submarine, and the Dusty Motors shroud is only made for cars. Our shrouds are good, but they can’t be breathable and 100 percent waterproof at the same time. Physics just doesn’t work that way. The splashes of water are OK, so don’t be concerned if the shroud gets a bit damp.
– Remember to take care of the shroud. Wash it by hand with warm, clean water. Let it air dry, do not put it in a dryer.