Build your own pure 90's street race Ford Escort replica!
This is a special custom (street spec) version of the 1998 Ford Escort, which was most recently released as a WRC car in 2004 (Item 58335). The body depicts the Ford Escort as a customized street version of the WRC car, and is based upon the TT-02 chassis. The actual car was powered by an inline-4 2-liter engine offering 300PS and 50Kgm of torque.
This R/C model assembly kit recreates a three-door hatchback Ford Escort Mk.6 with customizations such as blister fenders, front spoiler and rear wing. The powerful form is captured by a lightweight and durable polycarbonate body, and stickers are included to add detail. The model is based upon the adaptable and user-friendly TT-02 chassis, which offers shaft-driven 4WD.
TT-02: Adaptable, balanced shaft driven 4WD
The shaft-driven 4WD TT-02 chassis employs a longitudinal layout with the battery on the left and the motor on the right, to give excellent stability. In addition, it features identical left and right suspension arms and uprights for ease of assembly, plus easy-to-maintain gearboxes. It is a highly adaptable chassis, as it offers 2 different wheelbases, 2 ground clearance settings and 2 tread set-ups in addition to a range of 10 possible gear ratios. It is not short on looks either, with brake disc-shaped wheel hubs and stylish front bumper supports. White dish wheels use tread patterned semi-pneumatic tires.
About the Model
- This is a 1/10 scale R/C model assembly kit. Length: 425mm, width: 189mm, height: 145mm. Wheelbase:257mm.
- Features a 1.0mm polycarbonate body, and includes clear body Separate parts are included for side mirrors and rear wing.
- Dish-type wheels (previously used on Item 58257, etc.) are molded in white ABS plastic, and paired with treaded tires.
- Stickers and masking stickers for use in the paint job are also included.
- The TT-02 chassis is a highly versatile shaft-driven 4WD unit, based around a durable bathtub.
- 4-wheel independent double wishbone suspension has identical arm and upright parts for ease of maintenance.
- A wide range of Hop-Up Option parts is available to customize your chassis.
- Tamiya Torque-Tuned motor included
- Electronic Speed Controller is included!
Separately Required Items
- 2-Channel radio with receiver
- Steering servo
- 7.2volt battery pack
- Compatible charger
- Paint for the body